1. The personal information we use
1.1 Information we collect directly from you
1.2 Information we collect from other sources
1.3. Other information we use about you
2. How we use your personal information and the basis on which we use it
3. Your rights over your personal information
4. Information Sharing
5. Information Security and Storage
6. International Data Transfer
7. Contact us
8. Changes to the Policy
You can generally visit our Website (www.peprotech-proteins.com) without actively revealing any personal information about yourself. However, in certain areas of this Website, we may ask you to contact us with questions or comments, or request more information about our products/services. We may also receive information about you when you submit order forms or contact us through other channels. In these cases, we will collect personal information from you directly as described below.
We may be required by law to collect certain personal information about you, or as a consequence of any contractual relationship we have with you. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these obligations. We will inform you at the time your information is collected whether certain data is compulsory and the consequences of the failure to provide such data.
The categories of information that we collect directly from you are:
(a) Personal details (e.g. name, title, employer or organisation)
(b) Contact details (e.g. email address, postal address or phone number)
(c) Research focus and field of expertise
(d) Additional information about your organization and the transaction (e.g. invoice and billing information, transaction history, etc.)
We do not ask you for access to track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while downloading or using our services.
Where appropriate, we also collect information about you from conference organisers, websites, and some social media sites
The categories of information we collect from other sources include: personal and contact details, and research focus.
We keep a record of sales transaction history, technical enquiries and marketing campaign responses.
We use your personal information to:
(a) communicate with you with respect to the services that we provide (e.g. send you products and invoices, in line with your orders) and respond to your questions or requests when necessary
(b) provide, improve and tailor our services
(c) send you newsletters and updates about our latest events and products
(d) send you promotional and reference materials about new products
(e) provide you with our catalogues and our price list
(f) comply with the legal obligations to which we are subject and cooperate with regulators and law enforcement authorities.
We must have a legal basis to process your personal information. In most cases the legal basis will be one of the following:
(a) to fulfil our contractual obligations to you, for example, to provide the products/services you request and to ensure that invoices are paid correctly. Failure to provide this information may prevent or delay the fulfilment of these contractual obligations
(b) to comply with our legal obligations, for example to respond to legally binding requests from regulators, law enforcement authorities or other government authorities
(c) to meet our legitimate interests, for example, to understand how you use our products/services and to enable us to derive knowledge that enables us to develop new products/services. When we process personal information to meet our legitimate interests, we put in place robust safeguards to ensure that your privacy is protected and to ensure that our legitimate interests are not overridden by your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms
(d) to exercise our legal rights where it is necessary to do so, for example, to detect, prevent and respond to fraud claims, intellectual property infringement claims or violations of law.
We may post customer testimonials on our website which might contain personal information. Prior to posting the testimonial, we obtain the customer’s consent via email to post their name, title, and organization, along with their testimonial. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can contact us at email@example.com
You have certain rights regarding your personal information, subject to local law. These include the following rights to:
• access your personal information
• rectify the information we hold about you
• erase your personal information
• restrict our use of your personal information
• object to our use of your personal information
• receive your personal information in a usable electronic format and transmit it to a third party (right to data portability)
• lodge a complaint with your local data protection authority.
If you would like to discuss or exercise such rights, please contact us at the details below. We encourage you to contact us to update or correct your information if it changes or if the personal information we hold about you is inaccurate. We will contact you if we need additional information from you in order to honour your requests.
We may share your personal information with third parties under the following circumstances:
• Service providers and business partners: We may share your personal information with our service providers and business partners that perform marketing services and other business operations for us. For example, we may partner with other companies to ship your order, courier products or promotional materials, or send product literature by mail. These companies are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
• PeproTech group companies: PeproTech EC Ltd. is part of a group of companies owned by PeproTech US, which is the Corporate Headquarters, and we work closely with other businesses and companies that fall within the PeproTech group of companies. We may share certain information, such as your personal details and contact information or product/service usage information, with other PeproTech group companies for the purposes of resolving technical queries, internal reporting, customer insights and service optimisation.
• Law enforcement agency, court, regulator, government authority or other third party. We may share your personal information with these parties where we believe this is necessary to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation, or otherwise to protect our rights or the rights of any third party. Where permitted by law or regulation and reasonably practicable, we will attempt to notify you of such requirements.
• The company or organisation that has made you an authorised user of the services, upon request.
Because we operate as part of a global business, the recipients referred to above may be located outside the jurisdiction in which you are located (or in which we provide the services). See the section on "International Data Transfer" below for more information.
We implement technical and organisational measures to ensure a level of security appropriate to the risk to the personal information we process. These measures are aimed at ensuring the on-going integrity and confidentiality of personal information. We evaluate these measures on a regular basis to ensure the security of the processing.
We will keep your personal information for as long as we have a relationship with you. Once our relationship with you has come to an end, we will retain your personal information for a period of time that enables us to:
• Maintain business records for analysis and/or audit purposes
• Comply with record retention requirements under the law
• Defend or bring any existing or potential legal claims
• Deal with any complaints regarding the services
• Enforce our commercial agreements.
We will delete your personal information when it is no longer required for these purposes. If there is any information that we are unable, for technical reasons, to delete entirely from our systems, we will put in place appropriate measures to prevent any further processing or use of the data.
Your personal information may be transferred to, stored, and processed in a country that is not regarded as ensuring an adequate level of protection for personal information under European Union law or by the European Commission. We have put in place appropriate safeguards (such as contractual commitments) in accordance with applicable legal requirements to ensure that your data is adequately protected. For more information on the appropriate safeguards in place, please contact us at the details below.
Our Website includes links to other websites whose privacy practices may differ from our practices. If you submit personally identifiable information to any of those sites, your information is governed by their privacy policies. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of any sites to which www.peprotech.com provides links. We encourage you to carefully read the privacy statement of any website you visit.
PeproTech EC Ltd is the controller responsible for the personal information we collect and process.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the way in which your personal information has been used, please contact:
PeproTech EC Ltd
PeproTech House, 29 Margravine Road, London, W6 8LL
Tel: +44 020 7610 3062
We are committed to working with you to obtain a fair resolution of any complaint or concern about privacy. If, however, you believe that we have not been able to assist with your complaint or concern, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority. (Independent Commissioner’s Office, UK)
25TH MAY 2018